Tuesday, February 21, 2012

ZombieSS for Pulp Love art show


PHANTOM HAND is doing a show based around vintage pulp comic magazine art. I immediately thought of a Tales from the Crypt style horror cover layout. Without an idea in mind, I started on the layout using painters tape to make the boxes and circles. Once that was set, I went with a nazi zombie theme. With all of the detail for the comic, combined with winter not being ideal spray paint season, I had to re-spray it. I added the small type with stick on letters, which I think worked way better than trying to hand letter it. I didn't feel comfortable with using a swastika, so I used the Boston Strangler logo instead. I named it "ZombieSS," and it's on a 16" x 20" canvas.

PULP LOVE Opening Reception
Phantom Hand Gallery
604 South Street, Philadelphia, PA
Friday, February 24, 2012
6:00pm until 12:00am

No comments: